© Photo taken by Steve Braunginn
Professional BackgroundLinda Pettersen is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Linda received her Master of Social Work with a specialty in psychiatric social work, from the University of California, Berkeley in 1966. Linda Pettersen primarily practices at our satellite location on Madison’s west side - 5701 Raymond Road.
Linda founded the original Rebuilding-Divorce class in Madison in 1981 and taught Bruce Fisher’s model for 27 years with Dan Feaster, (he still offers this class at our Center).
Additional TrainingLinda is certified to administer the Prepare-Enrich Relationship Inventory: a tool utilized to strengthen a couple's relationship. Linda has also completed our specialized training to integrate one's own faith into the therapy process. For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Areas of FocusLinda's therapeutic approaches may include: Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Family Systems in working with:
- Couples Counseling (including Non-Traditional couples)
- Pre-Marriage Counseling
- Marriage Enrichment & Divorce Prevention
- Separation & Divorce Adjustment
- Trauma Work
- Working with Victims of Abuse
- Bereavement & Complicated Grieving
- Physical & Emotional Disabilities
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Schizoaffective Disorders
- Blended Families (Step-Parenting)
- Gay/Lesbian issues
- Children adjusting to a Divorce of their Parents